Nursing Home Expert System was designed by a team of experts with deep and long-term “in the trenches” relevant experience. This experience came from such disparate but required disciplines as medicine, nursing home operations, business efficiency, and software development.
The team was very aware that, in the past, “EMR” (“electronic medical record”), “EHR” (“electronic health record”) and similarly named categories of software had largely failed in nursing home settings. Expert Clinical Systems didn’t want to repeat the mistakes of others, so, before designing a solution, the team sought to find out why the others had failed.
What they heard was that, in general, existing products and approaches had failed in two important ways:
1. They did not provide a good return on investment.
2. They either slowed down the clinicians and / or were too complicated to implement, train, use, and maintain.
With these insights and warnings, the Expert Clinical Systems team started with a blank piece of paper and a set of clear objectives to design software that eliminated these barriers, solved the problems and achieved the objectives of nursing home facilities. Guided by its existing deep knowledge of nursing home operations as well as software efficiency and development, the team spent several years analyzing the needs of nursing home facilities and developing useful and usable software solutions.
The Expert Clinical Systems team designed Nursing Home Expert System with powerful quality enhancing, revenue increasing, expense reduction and cost recovery tools that exceeded the business criteria of superior return on investment. However, the team also knew that, in order for these tools to be used, they had to make Nursing Home Expert System simple and usable. Here’s the top three areas the Expert Clinical Systems team concentrated on to accomplish this:
1. It’s simple to learn and use. Time was spent understanding nursing home workflow and culture in order to make Nursing Home Expert System intuitive, with a clutter free presentation, consistent with how you work now. The NHES user interface was designed by actual users (many of whom, when we got started, did not know how to use a computer) in coordination with Expert Clinical Systems software specialists, in order to create the perfect blending of real user requirements with advanced software development technique. The result is that Nursing Home Expert System software is highly intuitive and easy to learn by everyday users, just like the ones at your facility.
2. It provides value to each and every user. Developing software that is simple to learn and operate is not enough to get everyone to use it. People have to see that using the software provides benefits to them, personally. Nursing Home Expert System does this by providing value, solving problems and making life easier for each and every user, whether the user is the Executive Director, the Director of Nursing, the MDS Coordinator, nurses, the Business Office Manager or CNAs. Because NHES provides value to each user, each user happily uses the software, and everyone wins.
3. It’s simple to implement and maintain. Nursing Home Expert System software is architected as a SaaS (Software as a Service) product. There are two main advantages in SaaS for you: 1) the server and other expensive to maintain items are in a remote location, maintained and paid for not by you, but by Expert Clinical Systems; and, 2) you access NHES via the Internet, so you don’t have to maintain the software on your PCs.
With this phase of development complete, the next year was spent in repetitive cycles of understanding, designing, programming, implementing and testing. With each cycle, Nursing Home Expert System was refined and improved. With each cycle, Nursing Home Expert System became more easy to use and provided even greater value. What emerged after almost three years was nursing home software that’s “so powerful and easy to use, it turns your cost center into a revenue center!”
The team at Expert Clinical Systems welcomes your inquiries.